Saturday, February 09, 2008

Am I French?

Yesterday, for the third time, I had a conversation that went something like this (in Spanish):

Me: How's that? Sorry, my Spanish isn't very good. I need to hear something twice before I understand.

PorteƱo: No problem. Where are you from? France?

France? This was the third time someone thought I was French, and I don't know why. It could be the way I speak- maybe my accent in Spanish sounds more like French than English. or perhaps I just look French. (What is a French look, anyway?) Maybe I do something French people do that I am not aware of. I was buying a bottle of wine, after all.

C'est la vie......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, julia! my name is ian, I'm trying to find a crossfit gym in buenos aires and I came across your blog...
do you know of a crossfit gym in town?
if you do, or have any leads for me, I'd be much obliged if you fired me off an email to ianwalk@gmail.com

take care and thanks!