Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Equalizer

I just realized that my boss, whom I have never met in person, doesn't know what I look like. He knows I'm a woman, clearly, because of my name, but he doesn't know my race or religion.

Come to think of it, I don't know his, either.

I was hired because he liked my resume, cover letter, and an essay published on my website.

Nice feeling to know I am appreciated for my ideas, independent of anything else.

Does anyone ever bring this up as a benefit of the networked world?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a dream job! - how do I get one?

Julia said...

www.virtualvocations.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Julia - just now know your blog :-) I'm in BsAs too! I know this is an older post but I thought I'd comment that though I have no boss, the people I work with have no idea what I look like either, and most don't even know I'm in Argentina yet (even though it's ben 7 months)... ;-)
I will be sure to keep checking back here!