Tuesday, April 15, 2008

¿Habla Castellano de Cocina?

I tried to make some oat bran this morning, but my measurements were off somehow.

"En dos tazas de leche fría agregar tres cucharadas soperas colmadas de Salvado de Avena Quaker y azúcar a gusto."

In two cups of cold milk, add three heaping tablespoons of oat bran and sugar to taste. Right?

"Revolver mientras hierve durante 1 o 2 minutos o hasta qe logre la consistencia deseada."

Stir while boiling one or two minutes or until desired consistency. Right?

Hrmm...... I ended up with way too much milk and too little oat bran. Of course, I don't have any measuring cups so I was eyeballing it. Time to get some measuring utensils, I think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
Maravilhoso.

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) said...

My mother used to make Irish porridge (oatmeal) with just water - lumpy, nasty, but good on a cold winters morning - never craved it since!

miss tango said...

lol, just get better at eyeballing. Mi hombre tried to use the same directions, which are useless. The oats will not absorb that much liquid.

Oats in saucepan, with enough water to cover and a wee bit more. cook, for 3 to 5 minutes. Done. I like to add milk and brown sugar, once the oats are in the bowl.